Sunday, July 10, 2011

Essay & Summer Reading Questions

In case if some of you are confused as to these two points, here are some answers:

SUMMER READING: As stated in your Summer Readings and Activities 2011 packet, you DO NOT have to read the two books from the school's summer reading list. AP typically requires you read something different. In our case, it's
LoL and WtDS.

ESSAYS: I wrote in the Summer Readings and Activities 2011 packet that you would "likely have six paragraphs"; however, my sample has only five. First, remember I wrote "likely" NOT "must"...and I only have five because I cleverly and creatively used my "personal experiences/observations" example in my intro. It was my hook, and I used it to lead up to my thesis. Notice that I also developed that example; it would be different if I merely mentioned my mother's leadership. That is how I got away with it. If you can only do five, fine...but I really want you to learn to pull from all areas of your life.

ONE LAST THING: You guys have to remember to e-mail me only as a last resort. What I mean by that is - you should first refer to your notes/handouts and be sure you've read them thoroughly. If you cannot find the answer that way, ask a friend or classmate. I have been getting about 3-4 emails a day (not including comments from the blog posts) about questions that are in your packets. I want to help in any way that I can, but I need my summer too. Please know that if you have a personal issue to discuss, email me right away; however, for things that have been explained in packets or online, please refer to those or your classmates.

Smile :o) Be ready for the next set of questions. I will post them today or tomorrow!

No comments: